Posted by Rebecca
Did you try the cure this week? Here is how it went for me….
– Make a complete list of repairs and solutions for your home. I made a list. It was way longer than I would have liked, but since I haven’t done much repair since I moved into the pink trailer, I guess it’s to be expected. Most of the small repairs needed are things I didn’t complete from the original renovations, like touch-up paint, finishing trim and baseboards, and patching a few small holes.
– Vacuum and mop all the floors. I vacuumed and mopped every square inch of my floors. My place hasn’t felt this clean in ages. I even feel like I can breathe better. It’s wonderful!
– Remove one item from your home and move it outside. I actually got rid of a lot of things – clothes, shoes, decorative stuff, kitchen ware…. The best part was making $31 in cash and $14 in store credit for selling my clothes to some local second-hand stores. 🙂
– Buy fresh flowers. I bought these beauties:
– Sit for 10 minutes in a part of your home that you never sit in. This was a hard one. There aren’t a lot of spots in my home that I haven’t sat. So I finally decided to sit on the side of my bed that I don’t sleep on. I found I spent most of the 10 minutes critiquing/criticizing my bedroom. I decided it’s time to paint my walls the dark grey that I’ve always wanted. I also decided I don’t like my red curtains any more, and would like to go with lighter-weight white ones. And I decided to get rid of a couple of decorative items – a mirror, a pictures, and a candle holder. Once the 10 minutes were up (which seemed like an eternity!) I took care of a few small changes, and am pretty happy with the results.
– Look into earth-friendly cleaning products. I use quite a few earth friendly cleaning products and toiletries already, but decided to look for natural dish and hand soap the next time I’m shopping.
So that’s my Week One in a nutshell. Did you try out any of the suggestions for this week? How did it go?
Stay tuned for Week Two, coming soon!