Posted by Rebecca
How did it go this week? Were you able to complete any or all of the tasks? My week went like this:
– Vacuum, dust and mop your home. Done!
– Clean your entrance and any related closets. Also done. And a little rearranging too.
– Arrange to have all repairs taken care of in the next three weeks. As I said earlier, this is an unrealistic goal for me. But I would like to get in the habit of one repair a week. This week I replaced the refrigerator light bulb. Yes, it seems menial, but it has been out for well over a year. And I never seem to remember to pick up a new one. Well, I finally remembered! And the bulbs only came in a 4 pack. So now I have enough refrigerator light to last a lifetime. 🙂 Do you have any idea what a delight it is to have illuminated food every time you open the fridge door?? It’s like a surprise party just for me, several times a day. I should have done this ages ago!
– Move all old mail, catalogs, and magazines to the outbox. I’m good at sorting through my mail and throwing out the unwanted stuff immediately, so this one was a piece of cake.
– Look into what you would need to create a “Landing Strip.” I have done this project before, so my landing strip was established. But it needed to be cleaned out and streamlined, and now it is. Yay!
– Cancel any unused subscriptions. I only have one subscription – Glamour magazine. I’ve had it for about 13 years, and it isn’t going anywhere.
– Identify cool and warm rooms. My kitchen and bathroom are definitely cool. My livingroom is primarily warm. My bedroom seems to be a mix of the two. And I’m going to make a few changes in curtains and wall color to make it a cool room, and hopefully a very relaxing, sleep-inducing space.
– Apply the 80/20 color rule. My living room is closer to 50/50. I really like the bright color in my rug, throw pillows, and file boxes, and will likely keep the bright color. I think this rule is a good general idea, but if another ratio makes you happy, go for it! My kitchen and bathroom seem to follow the 80/20 ratio, but my bedroom has a little more color than I would like. This will be resolved with the change in my curtains.
– Cook two meals at home this week. Always. I usually have homemade dinner at home several nights a week.
By the way, how’s the fall foliage looking in your area? This is a photo I took today in Reno. Such a beautiful time of year!
Posted by Rebecca