Posted by Rebecca
Sorry I didn’t get this out last night – my internet was down. So without further ado, here we go….
– Clean up living room and related closets. This was an easy task, as my livingroom is small, doesn’t have too many surfaces, and has no related closets.
– Aim to do another repair this week. This week I completed an inexpensive and quick repair, that could be life saving. My smoke alarms have been out of commission since I moved into my home 2 1/2 years ago. The batteries had been low and the alarms would periodically go off for no reason. After dealing with it during the middle of one night, I took down the alarms, removed the batteries, and went back to bed. The alarms got put away, never to emerge from the bottom of a drawer again. Well, until this week, when I dusted them off, replaced the batteries, and reinstalled them. This small and easy task has greatly decreased the chances of Cassi and I sleeping through the ever-dreaded trailer fire. Whew, that was close!
– Declutter all books and media. Done. I don’t have too many books to get rid of – I give away ones I have already read, and typically only keep sentimental or cook books on hand. I plan on making a trip to a local second-hand book store this week to see if they want to buy my old books and movies. It’s a great way to make a few extra $$$.
– Cancel 75% of the catalogs you receive. I don’t receive any. If I have something shipped, it comes to my workplace, along with any follow-up catalogs. This is convenient, and someone is always “home” to accept the shipment. The catalogs are discarded before they even make it to my inbox. Win win.
– Empty your Outbox. I haven’t done this yet, but plan to get it done this week. I spent half of last week visiting a good friend in San Diego, so I didn’t have enough time for this task. But stay tuned for an update on this project, and for some photos of beautiful sunny San Diego. 🙂
– Confirm what you need to increase or decrease color in each room. The only room I plan on “color changing” is my bedroom. A new neutral wall color and curtains are in the making, and I will post before and after photos when I’m done.
– Identify what you need to increase or decrease softness in each room. I’m pretty satisfied with the soft/hard ratio in my home, and have decided not to make changes in this area.
– Cook three meals at home this week. I always do.
I will stay on schedule for Week 5, so expect to see another post later today. Happy Monday, everyone! 😦