Posted by Rebecca
The final week of the Cure! It’s probably a busy week for everyone, whether or not you observe the holiday. So let’s give Week 8 two weeks to complete.
– Vacuum your entire home and clean all windows, inside and out if possible. You have, by now, cleaned every room in your home thoroughly and removed dust and dirt down to a level that your home may not have seen since you moved in. How does it feel? Does the air in your home feel more alive and vital? Do you have more energy by living in a cleaner environment? Do things look a little different? Another vacuum and dusting will complete the process. And sparkling windows will be the icing on the cake!
– Do a final purge and empty the Outbox. It is liberating to experience freedom from your stuff. Distribute the final items in your Outbox to their best destinations.
– Remove your shoes when at home. Try taking your shoes off and placing them at the door this week. It’s a good habit to get into. It acknowledges the separation between the outside world and the inside of your home, it’s easier on your floors, and it keeps your home cleaner.
– Buy fresh flowers. Duh. 😉
– Cook and eat at home, plan the week ahead, and wake early for a bath. These activities connect you with your home, organize your daily life, and balance your day.
The final week is a little lighter than the other weeks, but try to keep up the momentum of living your life in your home, and keeping it clean and free from clutter, allergens, and unnecessary stuff.
P.S. All the directions for The Eight-Step Home Cure are taken from the Apartment Therapy book by the same name. And you can get your very own copy here…. Apartment Therapy: The Eight-Step Home Cure